10 Ideas that Rocked My World in 2018
Maybe I’m just slow, but every once in a while I come across an idea that changes everything for me and I wished I had realized a lot earlier.
This is not a comprehensive list, but here are my TOP 10 from the year 2018 (in no particular order):
1. Ideas have an expiration date and you can wait too long to act on them.
2. You must commit to deserving money to attract it to you.
3. Lack of forgiveness can mess up your life in a subtle, but powerful way.
4. You have to welcome your Imposter Syndrome and get to know it to overcome its hold on you.
5. Today, not tomorrow, you need a side hustle.
6. With great success comes an even greater need to keep your ego in check or your success will be hollow.
7. You are a worse person (e.g., husband, parent, employee, friend) than you realize because it's difficult to see ourselves clearly and you will rarely be told the truth. And when you are, you probably won't be listening. In the rare instances you do listen, it will hurt a lot, but you will grow and become a better person.
8. The pressure we feel to do something or not is not driven by logic, but rather our warring internal programs that seek to avoid pain.
9. The best way to stop doing something is not to stop doing it, but rather to do something else.
10. A good maxim for dealing with managing people, mechanical repairs, and lots of other areas is: “As soft as possible, as firm as it takes.”
Your Move: What lessons do you wish you had learned earlier in life?